Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Textile Asemics by Chaya-Malkah Frank



Textile asemic composition by Chaya-Malkah Frank (Columbus, Ohio, USA)
 
 
 
With residents John M. Bennett, C. Mehrl Bennett and Chris Wells, Columbus, Ohio in the USA heartland is a fabled location on the world map of asemic writing and visual poetry. Asemic Front 2 is pleased to officially add Chaya Malkah-Frank to our version of the chart, confident others will agree. She kindly sent this FAB fabric piece to the project, which I am thrilled to acknowledge and document.
 
Those familiar with Asemic Front know I have a deep appreciation for and interest in asemics made with fabric, string, and sewn. My appreciation for textile asemics is a reflection of the larger audience; posts of this kind always prove popular. So I am thrilled to greet Chaya Malkah-Frank at the beginning of what is sure to be an outstanding visual poetry career (re-phrasing something someone once said to someone else somewhere else). And I offer my deepest thanks. I hope to share more of her work as part of AF2.
 
- De Villo Sloan
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Detail study of textile asemics by Chaya-Malkah Frank
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment