Wednesday, September 16, 2020

AF2 Exclusive: New visual poetry & prose collaborations by Jim Leftwich & Jeff Crouch

 

"We" by Jim Leftwich & Jeff Crouch


Jeff Crouch

The margin[alia] aesthetic. It's not Derrida. It's not pansemic, and it's not asemic. It's not the marginalized, the minimal, the minority. It's not trash and tatters. It can comprise all of these things, but it also includes the esoterica of the off-hand, the overly educated, and the arcane. This aesthetic marries the tails of the Gaussian distribution, but it's not a marriage to the middle so much as to the edge of a different plane. It's a tie-in rather than a knot. It's the margin/ on and off.

 

Jim Leftwich

The last time I saw a sea moose - it was late last winter, in Death Valley - she was rising like a noctilucent fossil from the floor of the Ubehebe Crater. The last time I ingested a sacred plant was in the last year of the last millennium.

I often dream of reading. I assume you do too. Early one morning as I was waking up I dreamed I was reading a book by William James, Varieties of Asemous Experience. 



"A Sea Moose" by Jim Leftwich & Jeff Crouch





"Shenandoah" by Jim Leftwich & Jeff Crouch








No comments:

Post a Comment